学習・記憶神経回路研究チーム リサーチアソシエイト募集 (W21272)
学習・記憶神経回路研究チーム (チームリーダー: Joshua Johansen)
Our laboratory studies the neural basis of emotion, memory and decision making using carefully designed behavioral tasks, computational analysis of neural activity (in-vivo electrophysiology and calcium imaging) and neural circuit based perturbation approaches (optogenetics/chemogenetics).
Job title and description
1 Research Associate position
Perform independent experiments to elucidate of the circuit and neural coding mechanisms of emotional learning and memory using in-vivo optogenetics, viral tracing, in-vivo electrophysiology and photometry
Candidates should have expertise in in-vivo optogenetics, behavioral assays, viral tracing approaches and fiber photometry.
Applicants who are expected to get Ph.D. in relevant field or aim for getting Ph.D. are highly welcome.
Branch and address
RIKEN Wako (2-1 Hirosawa, Wako, Saitama 351-0198）
Salary and benefits
- A one-year fixed-term employment contract, renewable based on evaluation, to a maximum of the end of the fiscal year (March 31) in which the employee completes 5 years of employment.
- RIKEN may adjust the above maximum period of renewability based on a) the employee’s abilities, work load at the time of contract completion, performance and work attitude and b) the continuation of the employee’s center, laboratory or project and RIKEN’s management situation and budget at the time. In principle, employment contracts will not be renewed for individuals older than 65 years.
- The employee’s period of fixed-term employment cannot exceed 10 years from the initial date of hire (or 10 years from April 1, 2013, for fixed-term employees already at RIKEN prior to this date).
In principle, the first two months of employment is considered a trial period.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Discretionary work, commuting and housing allowances will be provided. Social insurance will be applied. Mandatory membership in the RIKEN Mutual Benefit Society (RIKEN Kyosaikai).
This position falls under the specialized duties discretionary work system; one working day will be calculated as 7 hours and 30 minutes.
Days off include public holidays, New Year's holidays (Dec. 29 - Jan 3), and RIKEN Foundation Day.
Paid leave includes annual paid leave (up to 20 days depending on the month of employment), special paid leave (childcare, family nursing care, etc.), and work life balance holidays (up to 7 days depending on the month of employment).
There are also additional leave systems such as maternity leave, childcare leave, and family nursing care leave.
RIKEN has introduced telework as a temporary and special measure to prevent the spread of COVID-19. You may be asked to work from home according to the instructions of the institute. You can also choose to work from home with the permission of your supervisor.
No smoking on site (designated smoking areas available).
These and other provisions are in accordance with RIKEN regulations.
RIKEN is actively undertaking initiatives to promote gender equality and diversity, and moving forward with the establishment of a diverse and vibrant research environment. If multiple candidates are found to have the same aptitude following a fair assessment, active efforts will be made to recruit female candidates.
Also, eligible for an exemption from repayment for category 1 scholarship loans provided by the Japan Student Services Organization before fiscal year 2003, and eligible applying for the MEXT Grants-in-Aid for Scientific Research (Kakenhi).
Application and required documents
- Complete CV Word (55.4KB) or Excel(57.6KB)
(*Write down in the notes section of your CV the number written next to the title of the job position (e.g. W21272)
- Personal statement (cover letter)
- List of research achievement
- External funding awarded
- Summary of research experience to date
- A letter of recommendation from the current supervisor (If unavailable, a letter from a substitute reference will be acceptable.）
*Please specify the referee’s contact information (Name, affiliation, job title, phone number, and email address)
- Consent form for handling personal information based on GDPR
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you are required to submit the document, “Consent form for handling personal information based on GDPR” with your signature.
*You will find detailed information about General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) on the following website:
How to apply
Send the required documents to joshua.johansen[at]riken.jp (Replace [at] with @ )
Note: All the submitted documents will not be returned.
Open until the position is filled
Handling personal data
Application screening and interview for selected applicants
Start of employment
April 1st, 2022 (Negotiable)
RIKEN Center for Brain Science
Laboratory for Neural Circuitry of Learning & Memory
Email: joshua.johansen[at]riken.jp (Replace [at] with @ )
For inquiries, please send an email.