神経細胞多様性研究チーム 特別研究員募集 (W21055)
脳神経科学研究センター 神経細胞多様性研究チーム（チームリーダー：Adrian Moore）
Molecular Neuroscience / Cellular and Developmental Biology
Job Title and Job Description
Postdoctoral Researcher 1 position
The goal of our research is to understand neuron differentiation: How the differentiation program is encoded in the genome, and how it is then decoded through cell biological mechanisms. To do this we use live in vivo imaging of neuron differentiation, genome manipulation, and transcriptome and chromatin profiling in both Drosophila and mouse models. We are looking for candidates with a record of excellence in molecular and cellular biology. Additional bioinformatics, image analysis, or similar computational skills are advantageous.
The candidate should possess a doctoral degree in a related field, with a quality publication record from their graduate or early postdoc work.
Branch and address
RIKEN Wako (2-1 Hirosawa, Wako, Saitama 351-0198）
Salary and Benefits
- A one-year fixed-term employment contract, renewable based on evaluation, to a maximum of the end of the fiscal year (March 31) in which the employee completes 5 years of employment.
- RIKEN may adjust the above maximum period of renewability based on a) the employee’s abilities, work load at the time of contract completion, performance and work attitude and b) the continuation of the employee’s center, laboratory or project and RIKEN’s management situation and budget at the time. In principle, employment contracts will not be renewed for individuals older than 65 years.
- The employee’s period of fixed-term employment cannot exceed 10 years from the initial date of hire (or 10 years from April 1, 2013 for fixed-term employees already at RIKEN prior to this date).
In principle, the first two months of employment is considered a trial period.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Commuting and housing allowances will be provided. Social insurance will be applied. Mandatory membership in the RIKEN Mutual Benefit Society (RIKEN Kyosaikai).
This position falls under the specialized duties discretionary work system; one working day will be calculated as 7 hours and 30 minutes.
Days off include public holidays, New Year's holidays (Dec. 29 - Jan 3), and RIKEN Foundation Day.
RIKEN has introduced telework as a temporary and special measure to prevent the spread of COVID-19. You may be asked to work from home according to the instructions of the institute. You can also choose to work from home with the permission of your supervisor.
No smoking on site (designated smoking areas available)
These and other provisions are in accordance with RIKEN regulations.
RIKEN is promoting a Gender Equity Program by taking various measures to create a workplace where both men and women are able to give full rein to their talents and abilities. When applicants are judged to be equally qualified on the basis of fair and impartial criteria, women applicants will be given preference.
Also, eligible for an exemption from repayment for category 1 scholarship loans provided by the Japan Student Services Organization before fiscal year 2003, and eligible applying for the MEXT Grants-in-Aid for Scientific Research (Kakenhi).
Application and Required Documents
- Complete CV (with photo and email address)
WORD(56KB) or EXCEL(159KB)
(1) （RIKEN CV）*Write the RIKEN job ad number “W21055”, indicated in the parentheses next to the job title, in the RIKEN job ad number section in the upper right corner of your CV.
(2) （Original CV）*Write down in the notes section of your CV the number written next to the title of the job position (e.g. W21055).
- List of research achievement and publications
- External funding awarded
- Summary of research experience to date
- Reason for applying for the post (personal strengths, motivation, future research plans, career aspirations, etc.)
- Email contact information of two (preferably three) referees
- Consent form for handling personal information based on GDPR
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you are required to submit the document, “Consent form for handling personal information based on GDPR” with your signature.
*You will find detailed information about General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) on the following website: https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection_en
How to apply
Send the PDF formatted application by email to gcna.cbs[at]ml.riken.jp
Note: Application documents will not be returned.
Open until the position is filled
Handling personal data
Application screening and interview for selected applicants. For overseas applicant this interview will be by Zoom.
(This is a new opening, applicants for a previous position, are free to reapply)
Start of Employment
From summer 2021 (or later as confirmed by the circumstances of the applicant).
Contact Information/Send Application to
RIKEN Center for Brain Science
Laboratory for Neurodiversity
2-1 Hirosawa, Wako, Saitama 351-0198
Email: gcna.cbs[at]ml.riken.jp (Replace [at] with @ )
For inquiries, please send an email.