Nov. 5, 2021
Technical Staff Position
Laboratory for Neural Stem Cell Research（W21209)
Laboratory for Neural Stem Cell Research, Center for Brain Science (Laboratory Head: Ryoichiro Kageyama)
Psychology, Human Neuroscience
Data-driven research on neurological disorders; human subject research.
Job Title and Job Description
Job title, available positions
Technical staff Ⅰ* (discretionary labor system): 1 position(s)
*Technical staff I must provide technical supports independently to implement the lab missions.
＊The applicant will be assigned to an appropriate position based on his/her ability, aptitude, etc.
The main duty of the job is to help with data collection in experiments involving human subjects. This involves interacting with the participants, providing instructions, ensuring safety in operating the experimental equipment, as well as assisting in administrative duties such as preparing documents for obtaining ethical approval for studies.
The candidate should possess a bachelor’s degree. Basic familiarity with common computer software applications, such as spreadsheet programs, is required. Some experience with data analysis and computer programming are desirable. Because of the nature of the work, communication skills are highly important, in both spoken Japanese and English.
Branch and address
RIKEN Wako (2-1 Hirosawa, Wako, Saitama 351-0198）
Salary and Benefits
- A one-year fixed-term employment contract, renewable based on evaluation, to a maximum of the end of the fiscal year (March 31) in which the employee completes 7 years of employment.
- RIKEN may adjust the above maximum period of renewability based on a) the employee’s abilities, work load at the time of contract completion, performance and work attitude and b) the continuation of the employee’s center, laboratory or project and RIKEN’s management situation and budget at the time. In principle, employment contracts will not be renewed for individuals older than 65 years.
- The employee’s period of fixed-term employment cannot exceed 10 years from the initial date of hire (or 10 years from April 1, 2013, for fixed-term employees already at RIKEN prior to this date). However, employees who have previously worked at RIKEN may be subject to different rules for the period of fixed-term employment. Please refer to “RIKEN employment duration for fixed-term employees” for more details if necessary.).
In principle, the first two months of employment is considered a trial period.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Discretionary work, commuting and housing allowances will be provided. Social insurance will be applied.
Mandatory membership in the RIKEN Mutual Benefit Society (RIKEN Kyosaikai).
This position falls under the specialized duties discretionary work system; one working day will be calculated as 7 hours and 30 minutes.
Days off include public holidays, New Year's holidays (Dec. 29 - Jan 3), and RIKEN Foundation Day.
Paid leave includes annual paid leave (up to 20 days depending on the month of employment), special paid leave (childcare, family nursing care, etc.), and work life balance holidays (up to 7 days depending on the month of employment).
There are also additional leave systems such as maternity leave, childcare leave, and family nursing care leave.
RIKEN has introduced telework as a temporary and special measure to prevent the spread of COVID-19. You may be asked to work from home according to the instructions of the institute. You can also choose to work from home with the permission of your supervisor.
No smoking on site (designated smoking areas available).
These and other provisions are in accordance with RIKEN regulations.
RIKEN is actively undertaking initiatives to promote gender equality and diversity, and moving forward with the establishment of a diverse and vibrant research environment. If multiple candidates are found to have the same aptitude following a fair assessment, active efforts will be made to recruit female candidates.
Application and Required Documents
- Complete CV (*Write down in the notes section of your CV the number written next to the title of the job position (e.g. W21205)
WORD(56KB) or EXCEL(159KB)
- List of achievements (if available)
- List of acquired skills
- Reason for applying for the post (personal strengths, motivation, etc.)
- One letters of recommendation by current supervisor (If a letter by current supervisor is not possible, a letter by a third party) *Please specify the referee’s contact information (Name, affiliation, job title, phone number, and email address)
Contact details of a person who has agreed to provide reference (ideally, someone who has been a recent work of academic supervisor)
- Consent form for handling personal information based on GDPR
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you are required to submit the document, “Consent form for handling personal information based on GDPR” with your signature.
*You will find detailed information about General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) on the following website: https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection_en
How to apply
Please create a PDF file of the application documents and upload it to the link below.
Open until the position is filled
Handling personal data
Selection will be made based on application screening and interviews.
Start of Employment
RIKEN Center for Brain Science
Laboratory for Neural Stem Cell Research
Email: nscr-recruit [at] ml.riken.jp (Replace [at] with @ )
For inquiries, please send an email.