May 31, 2018
Technical staff position - Joshua Johansen Lab. for Neural Circuitry of Learning and Memory（W885)
Laboratory for the Neural Circuitry of Learning and Memory (Team leader: Joshua Johansen)
Research field and overview
Our laboratory studies how aversive experiences trigger changes in neural circuits resulting in memory formation and adaptive alterations in behavior. We use optogenetic, in-vivo electrophysiological and behavioral approaches to address this question.
Job title, available positions and job description
Job title, available positions
Technical staff (1 position)
Seeking a research technician/lab manager to assist in experimental work on emotional learning and memory as well as managing lab resources in coordination with lab PI. Duties could include histology, rodent surgery, molecular biological support, immunohistochemistry, animal colony management as well as management of lab chemicals and safety procedures.
The ideal candidate will have experience as a research technician and some molecular biology experience.
Branch and address
RIKEN Wako (2-1 Hirosawa, Wako, Saitama 351-0198）
Salary and benefits
- A one-year fixed-term employment contract, renewable based on evaluation, to a maximum of the end of the fiscal year (March 31) in which the employee completes 7 years of employment.
- RIKEN may adjust the above maximum period of renewability based on a) the employee's abilities, work load at the time of contract completion, performance and work attitude and b) the continuation of the employee's center, laboratory or project and RIKEN’s management situation and budget at the time. In principle, employment contracts will not be renewed for individuals older than 65 years.
- The employee's period of fixed-term employment cannot exceed 10 years from the initial date of hire.
The salary system is annual and will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Commuting and housing allowances will be provided. Social insurance will apply.
Mandatory membership in the RIKEN Mutual Benefit Society (RIKEN Kyosaikai) is required.
Days off include public holidays, New year's holidays (Dec. 29 – Jan. 3), and RIKEN Foundation Day.
These and other provisions are in accordance with RIKEN regulations.
※RIKEN promotes a Gender Equity Program by taking various measures to create an equitable workplace where both men and women are able to give full rein to their talents and abilities. When the abilities of candidates are judged to be equivalent through a fair and impartial evaluation process, preference will be given to females.
Application and required documents
- CV WORD(56KB) or EXCEL(159KB)
*Write the 4 digit number beginning with “W885”, indicated in the parentheses next to the job title, in the open call ID section in the upper right corner of your CV.
- List of achievements including publication list
- List of references
- One letter of recommendation (Ideally from current supervisor)
Please send your application by email.
* Write the 4 digit number beginning with “W885”, indicated in the parentheses next to the job title, in the open call ID section in the upper right corner of your CV.
How to apply
Send the PDF formatted application by email to jjohans [at] brain.riken.jp (Replace [at] with @)
Application documents will not be returned.
Open until the position is filled
Handling personal data
Application screening and interview for selected applicants
As early as possible
Contact information/Send application to
RIKEN Center for Brain Science
Laboratory for the neural circuitry of learning & memory
2-1 Hirosawa, Wako, Saitama 351-0198
Email: jjohans [at] brain.riken.jp (Replace [at] with @)
For inquiries, please send an email.